We currently are running two AWS S3 (cdn) migrations. We migrate large amounts om assets (mainly images), and let them deliver through CloudFlare.
By using CloudFlare, we realize large savings on data traffic at AWS.
Within AWS, we use the latest intelligent technologies to store assets and back them up to AWS Glacier.
Storing your assets and delivery through a CDN has many advantages:
- The network of the application servers is fully available for the applications themselves.
- It is more secure because no user/real world uploads are stored on the application servers themselves.
- The application servers require less disk space.
- Backups of application servers are smaller.
- Potential application migrations are less impactful due to fewer files to be migrated.
- It is a good design to make your applications horizontally scalable.